M&M'S Ugly Holiday Sweater CookiesShare This:
Decorating these shortbread cookies together is a great way to create some fun family memories during the holidays.
2 pkg (42 g each) M&M’S Holiday Milk Chocolate Candies, divided
1 cup all-purpose flour Pinch salt 1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature 3 tbsp icing sugar 2 egg yolks Colored frosting tubes
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 tbsp icing sugar
2 egg yolks
Colored frosting tubes
1. Chop half of the M&M’S Holiday Milk Chocolate; set aside.
2. Whisk together flour and salt; set aside. Using electric mixer, beat together butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in chopped M&M’S Holiday Milk Chocolate. Pat dough into disk; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 1/4-inch thickness. Using 2-inch sweater-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 6 sweaters, rerolling scraps as needed. (Reserve any remaining dough for another use.)
4. Place cookies on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, spacing at least 2 inches apart. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes.
5. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly golden and tops are set. Transfer to rack and let cool completely. Decorate with frosting and remaining M&M’S Holiday Milk Chocolate.
Tip: Alternatively, use mitten cookie cutters for cookies and decorate festive holiday mittens.